Friday, April 11, 2008

This morning was a nice and easy 5.5 mile run. I don't typically run on Fridays, but since Sunday will be a 5K race instead of a longer run, I needed to get the extra miles in somewhere. I felt pretty good, and although I'm not sore from yesterday's exertion, I certainly didn't feel fresh. So I ran at a conservative pace to loosen everything up, and I threw about 5 stride outs in the mix the last mile. It was another beautiful morning, and I was in the park early enough so there was no vehicular traffic. I paused my iPod and enjoyed the (relative) quiet for a mile or two. This weather is spoiling me, but since it's April in New York, I know rain is inevitable.

My routine of getting out the door in 30 minutes or less is working, too. It's getting easier to avoid the snooze button when my alarm goes off at 6. Today I was to lab by 8 - when I'm doing long midweek runs it's nice to know I'll be able to get in by 9/9:30. Amazingly, that will actually STILL get me to lab before everyone else!

5.5 miles in 46:25 (8:24 min/mile)

No comments: