Tuesday, July 26, 2011

This is not a list

This is an addendum. On my second run today, all 3.2 miles of it, I was thinking about what I had written about wanting to get rid of the question marks in my life and how they are taunting me. I remembered something I have tried to teach myself the last 6 months: that everything is a question mark. Even when you don't see any, and you think you have your entire life planned and all your ducks in a row, there is always at least one. And it only takes one to throw your entire life upside down. So, what's better? To not see any coming and have to deal with the shock when it does or to have so many visible ones lined up it makes you want to just scream? I've lived through the first, am living through the second, and from where I'm standing, it's kind of a toss-up.

No comments: