Monday, May 21, 2007

MIA

I spent Wednesday-Saturday in Orlando and Cocoa Beach with my siblings and my sister's fiance and his siblings. It was a great few days on the beach relaxing with nothing to do!

I only ran once :( Every time I leave for vacation, I plan in my head how many times I will run, subtract one, and that's what I pack for. I figured I'd find time to run Wednesday after I arrived (since I flew early there was really no way I was waking up at 4am to run), Friday and Saturday ams. Well, Friday am happened! It was fun to run on the beach, my feet got soaked and my calves burned, but I'd guess I ran about 3.5 miles in 30 mins.

I guess I just have to tell myself that missing a few days of running isn't going to kill me! But, when my hardcore training starts, I do think I have to make sure that I don't miss as many workouts. I guess it's easier to sneak away from the group when you can say you're training for a marathon... haha... but the point of this vacation was to spend as much time meeting my soon to be new family, spending time with my siblings, and bonding. Right now, I sort of regret not running one more day, but in the grand scheme of things, I will look back on this trip when I'm 50 with fond memories of the time I spent with people, and not remember that I didn't run. I guess, if I want to make sure to get another run in, it means setting the alarm to wake up before everyone else ;)

No comments: